[Samba] Finder results - modified date in the future

Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft matthias.kuehne at ellerhold.de
Mon Mar 13 09:09:50 UTC 2023

Hello samba-people,

we're having some weirdness with spotlight results in the finder search.
Some (!) files show a modified date well into the future (2027+).
Navigating to the file in the finder correctly shows the modified date
(july 2022) - this matches the mtime on the filesystem. This happens
with mac os 13.2.1 and earlier versions. We're using Debian 11 with
4.16.9 from mjt's Repo.

For spotlight we're using the elasticsearch backend with our own indexer
(found here https://github.com/Ellerhold/fs2es-indexer).

I can remember that Ralph Boeme said something that not all fields are
getting correctly mapped back to the spotlight result. I have a hard
time remembering which fields though. I tried to add
"file.last_modified" to my indexer - without any success! Is the mapping
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/blob/master/source3/rpc_server/mdssvc/elasticsearch_mappings.json
current, so every field in there is mapped and returned to the mac os
finder or is this "future-proofing" and only a subset of these fields
are actually mapped?

Thanks in advance,
Matthias.

--
Senior Webentwickler
Datenschutzbeauftragter

Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft
Friedrich-List-Str. 4
01445 Radebeul

Telefon: +49 (0) 351 83933-61
Web: www.ellerhold.de
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ellerhold.gruppe
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ellerhold.gruppe
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EllerholdGruppe

Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 23769
Vorstand: Stephan Ellerhold, Maximilian Ellerhold
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Frank Ellerhold

---Diese E-Mail und Ihre Anlagen enthalten vertrauliche Mitteilungen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Adressat sein, so bitten wir Sie um Mitteilung und um sofortiges löschen dieser E-Mail und der Anlagen.

Unsere Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us and immediately delete this e-mail and its attachments.

You can find our privacy policy here: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/