[Samba] Missing features in RSAT Group Policy Manager (Debian as Samba PDC)

Dennis Binkhorst dennis.binkhorst at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 13:47:18 UTC 2023

>I'm re-reading... do you mean you don't see those >policies when using
>*MS* RSAT against a Samba ADDC, but you do >against a Windows ADDC?

I am trying to all Samba AD DC admin tasks from Windows machines, using the
RSAT features provided in Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 Pro.

What I meant to say was: I do not see *Account Policies* and *Local Policies*
under *"Computer Configuration / Policies / Windows Settings /Security
Settings*" when connecting to the Samba ADDC using the MS Windows provided
RSAT Group Policy Manager.

I have no MS Windows AD DC running.

On my Windows 11 Pro domain client I do see the policies exist on the
domain client when opening the Local Group Policy Manager (gpedit) on that
Windows 11 Pro machine.

However, I would like to change some of these policies on the Samba AD DC
but those policies do not seem to exist on the Samba AD DC.

I posted my question on Reddit earlier and there's a couple of screen shots
that may clarify what I mean.
https://www.reddit.com/r/samba/comments/11nokct/missing_features_using_rsat_group_policy_manager