[Samba] Missing features in RSAT Group Policy Manager (Debian as Samba PDC)

Dennis Binkhorst dennis.binkhorst at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:47:06 UTC 2023

This took me a while to figure out because for some reason all of a sudden
I was able to see the *Account Policies *and *Local Policies *from Windows
11 RSAT Group Policy Manager.
After rebooting Windows 11 these policies disappeared again to never
return, and on the existing Windows 10 Pro machine these policies weren't
visible at all, ever.

I did a fresh Windows 10 Pro install, using an older ISO from MSDN, 20H2
update and all policies were visible using Windows 10 RSAT Group Policy
Manager.
After several reboots I noticed everything kept working as should. I was
able to create GPO's, set permissions, deploy MSI's, map drives.

So what Windows versions work?
*Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 (10.0.19042)*

Those that do not work:
*Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 (10.0.19045)*
*Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 (10.0.22621)*

I am assuming some security update is causing these issues so I will update
the working *Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2* build with Windows Updates until
it doesn't work anymore.