[Samba] kernel oplocks breaks something

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Mar 9 12:01:42 UTC 2023

09.03.2023 11:23, Michael Tokarev via samba wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After finding out that kernel oplocks is actually a global
> parameter despite what documentation is saying, and setting it
> in smb.conf [global], I'm seeing sporadic I/O errors on clients.
> Unfortunately this is difficult to catch as it doesn't happen
> very often, and after increasing debug level it becomes even
> less frequent (so I guess it is some timing-related issue).

This seems to be unrelated to kernel oplocks.
It just happened again with kernel oplocks turned off.
Here's the error message:

  Cannot read folder contents.
  0x00000003 - The system cannot find the path specified.

on Ack, it reads the folder contents just fine.

Here, the folder in question hasn't been modified, maybe the ..
(parent) folder has been. Hmm..

/mjt