[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.17.6 Available for Download

Jule Anger janger at samba.org
Thu Mar 9 09:31:48 UTC 2023

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.17 release series.

Changes since 4.17.5
--------------------

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 15314: streams_xattr is creating unexpected locks on folders.

o  Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
    * BUG 10635: Use of the Azure AD Connect cloud sync tool is now
supported for
      password hash synchronisation, allowing Samba AD Domains to
synchronise
      passwords with this popular cloud environment.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
    * BUG 15299: Spotlight doesn't work with latest macOS Ventura.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 15310: New samba-dcerpc architecture does not scale gracefully.

o  John Mulligan <jmulligan at redhat.com>
    * BUG 15307: vfs_ceph incorrectly uses fsp_get_io_fd() instead of
      fsp_get_pathref_fd() in close and fstat.

o  Noel Power <noel.power at suse.com>
    * BUG 15293: With clustering enabled samba-bgqd can core dump due to use
      after free.

o  baixiangcpp <baixiangcpp at gmail.com>
    * BUG 15311: fd_load() function implicitly closes the fd where it
should not.

joining the #samba-technical:matrix.org matrix room, or
#samba-technical IRC channel on irc.libera.chat.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID AA99442FB680B620).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

         https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

         https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.17.6.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                         --Enjoy