[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Fri Jun 16 16:07:06 UTC 2023

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

Sorry, it was a very busy week i've had NO time to do some tests... some
'offline' consideration only...

As i've hust stated, the PC was previously installed with Ubunut 16.04, and
really i don't want to do 4 major OS upgrade so i've simply reinstalld;
configuration was pretty standard, but with 16.04 worked.

> So, I suggest Marco looks very closely at his DNS, I am sure he has a
> problem there somewhere.

I suppose the same thing. BUT i restate that the problem is not the 'logon
delay' inducted by some DNS misconfiguration, but I CANNOT LOGON AT ALL if
the computer get disconnected.

Also supposing to setup correctly my work DHCP server, what happen if user
go at home/restaurant/hotel/... and cannot logon anymore because that DHCP
server is also misconfigured? I cannot condamn users to damness... or al
least not all users. ;-)

Michael, how can i debug systemd-resolvd?

PS: Rowland, Ubuntu 2204 have systemd-resolvd, but now it is called
    'resolvectl'...

--
  Utopia aveva una sorella maggiore,
  che si chiamava Verita` senza errore			(Nomadi)