[Samba] Migration of files with Windows ACL's to Samba server

Borut Rozman borut.rozman at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 28 13:27:34 UTC 2023

Hi Rowland,

Sorry for the vague reply, will add more info:
FS is ext4 over NFS4.0, so from the storage server ls -lad gives me

drwxrws--- 2 privuser serviceaccounts 4096 Jul 28 14:01 testg/

testparam -s

oad smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
lpcfg_do_global_parameter: WARNING: The "encrypt passwords" option is
deprecated
Loaded services file OK.
Weak crypto is allowed by GnuTLS (e.g. NTLM as a compatibility
fallback)

Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

# Global parameters
[global]
	bind interfaces only = Yes
	dns proxy = No
	domain master = No
	hostname lookups = Yes
	interfaces = lo ens19
	keepalive = 30
	load printers = No
	local master = No
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 1000
	min domain uid = 0
	netbios name = STORE-SMB1
	realm = DOMAIN.EXAMPLE.COM
	security = ADS
	server string = store-smb1 Samba Server
	username map = /etc/samba/user.map
	winbind nss info = rfc2307
	workgroup = DOMAIN
	rpc_server:netlogon = disabled
	idmap config domain:unix_primary_group = yes
	idmap config domain:unix_nss_info = yes
	idmap config domain:range = 10000-999999
	idmap config domain:schema_mode = rfc2307
	idmap config domain:backend = ad
	idmap config * : range = 3000-4999
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	hosts allow = 192.168.72.0/255.255.255.0
	hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0
	include = /etc/samba/shares.conf
	inherit acls = Yes
	inherit permissions = Yes
	map acl inherit = Yes
	vfs objects = acl_xattr
[testg]
	comment = Ocms2019 testing share for ACL testing purposes
	map archive = No
	path = /storage/testg
	read only = No

So /storage is a NFS mount from a second server.

server2:/storage/    201T   40T  153T  21% /storage

regards
Borut