[Samba] Migration of files with Windows ACL's to Samba server

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 28 13:12:00 UTC 2023

On 28/07/2023 13:50, Borut Rozman via samba wrote:
> Hi Nick,
> Sorry for the late reply, been busy
> with some other issues, and this was not such a priority
>
> Basically I have
>
>          vfs objects = acl_xattr
>          inherit acls = yes
>          inherit permissions = yes
>          map acl inherit = yes
>

> in my samba global config and shares are normal shares:
>
> [testg]
>          comment = privuser testing share for ACL testing purposes
>          path = /storage/testg
>          browseable = yes
>          read only = no
>          inherit acls = yes
>          inherit permissions = yes
>          map archive = no
>
> But when I want as this user - privuser to change any
> permissions/acls/anything on any file in that share it gives me: Unable
> to save permission changes to file, The request is not supported.
>
> So looks like I am missing something?
>
> Regards
> Borut

Hi, Whilst you have given us some info, you do not seem to have given us
much. Just about all you have told is that you are running Samba 4.17.9
On Debian 12 and that you are running it as a server, but what sort of
server ?

Would it be possible for you to post the output of 'testparm -s' ?
Sanitised if you must.
Also the output of 'ls -lad /storage/testg'

It will probably also help if you can tell us what the filesystem is.

Rowland