[Samba] Migration of files with Windows ACL's to Samba server

Borut Rozman borut.rozman at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 20 10:48:38 UTC 2023

Hi there,

It might that this question was already answered but I can't really
find any proper documentation for this.

I am in a process of migrating about 70T of files from our Win2016
storage server to a Samba (2:4.17.9+dfsg-0+deb12u3) server. Whilst
doing this I want to preserve all the ACL's which were set on Windows
shares.

Is there any related documentation around this topic how to approach
this so the permissions are preserved.

We used this command to copy the data from one to another share:

robocopy <Source> <Destination> /MIR /DCOPY:T /MT:3 /XJ /R:1 /W:3 /NDL
/NP /LOG+:logfile.txt

Any pointers/suggestions?
Best
Borut