[Samba] samba.org docs man-pages out of date

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 10:18:19 UTC 2023

Hi Team,

I just noticed the html man-pages on samba.org are not update for 4.18.

The problemetic page I found is:
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/vfs_full_audit.8.html,
the list of operations is invalid for 4.18 (it was correct for 4.17) and
indeed the vfs_full_audit.8.xml in the source-tree has the correct values.

Are the html man-pages not generated as part of the release process?

And in that case, could some update them to match with the current release?

Perhaps for others:

I came to this after investigating why my smb-server with full_audit
enabled failed every share access attempt with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
after the upgrade from 4.17 to 4.18.

It turned out 'fsync' is no longer a valid option of vfs_full_audit
('full_audit:success' or 'full_audit:failure') and the result is no user
access to any share. The good news is that least this caused me to find
the culprit now (during upgrade tests) instead of much later :-)

- Kees