[Samba] AD routine testing/verification

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 08:15:55 UTC 2023

Op 20-07-2023 om 01:26 schreef Gregory Sloop via samba:
> [I did check the Wiki on this, but didn't find anything very definitive. So I'm asking here.]
>
> I've used "samba-tool drs showrepl" as a check of replication across the AD structure. (We have three DC's, in this case.)
>
> Generally I use that tool on a manual basis to make sure replication is working, say after an upgrade etc.
>
> However, it would probably be good to check replication daily, perhaps even more often and generate alerts should we see errors.
>
> Are there other checks that would be good to do too? [I also use "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs" ]
> And any suggestions on how often one might suggest doing them?
>
> And I'll preemptively ask, do these checks return zero when they have no errors?
> [If I automate these checks, knowing the proper return values would be good.]
>
> TIA
>
> -Greg

There is a script from Louis called 'samba-check-db-repl.sh' which is
probably what you are looking for. You find it here:
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-check-db-repl.sh

I did find and fix some bugs in it, but have not shared that code yet.
Have a look at the original from Louis, if it is what you are looking
for I can share my changes.

- Kees.