[Samba] Synology shares not accessible...

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Mon Jul 17 17:42:00 UTC 2023

Hi all,

good news...

Synology fixed the problem at least for DSM 7.2 with SMB-Service
4.13.15-0795.

I quote the answer from them:

"/Our developer team re-considered and fixed the problem at DSM 7.2 0795
in the end./

/This is the reason why he saw the problem fixed in the latest version.
Again, we remained our standpoint (same problem, same issue)/

/to this problem, but we find a way to fix it for Samba 4.17. Thanks for
you and User's time for cooperation. /"

I hope this will last. But we will see...

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama

Ingo Asche via samba schrieb am 07.07.2023 um 08:49:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> in my case access via hostname doesn't work. That seems to be a
> Kerberos problem, as access via IP works. IP access uses NTLM
> authentication.
>
> With SMB-Service 4.15.9-0619 (was the Beta) it worked, with the
> released version 4.15.9-0632 not anymore.
>
> If you change one library in the released version to the one from Beta
> (libidmap-samba4.so) then the released version works again.
>
> They claim it's because of one SID which can't be dissolved by
> winbind: S-1-18-1. As I wrote in my last mail, this SID don't exist
> under 2008R2 and earlier.
>
> I'm afraid you have to read the hole trail to get all informations.
>
> So do you use IP addresses or hostnames for access?
>
> Regards
> Ingo
> https://github.com/WAdama
>
> vincent at cojot.name schrieb am 07.07.2023 um 02:42:
>>
>> Hi Ingo,
>> Sorry for the late reply but I just gave it a test tonight and
>> everything worked fine for me:
>> - Domain Controllers run RHEL8.8 + samba 4.17.8
>> - DSM 7.1.1 VM and DSM 7.2 physical box (DS3622xs)
>> I can give rights to domain groups in the Syno UI for shares hosted
>> on the Syno and things work just fine. Of course both DSM units (VM +
>> 3617xs) are joined to my AD domain using the Synology UI.
>>
>> What problem were you experiencing?
>>
>> Vincent
>>

>> On Thu, 13 Apr 2023, Ingo Asche via samba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> to all of you which are using Synology NAS systems.
>>>
>>> With SMB-Service 4.15.9-0631 no longer shares are accessible via
>>> domain group rights from a Samba 4.17.7 domain.
>>>
>>> It seems the same error described in the following mail trails:
>>> "No longer access to shares after upgrade to 4.17.3"
>>> "File server joined to a samba domain accessed by windows 10-11
>>> clients, works via ip no via dns name"
>>>
>>> I've already openend a ticket with Synology.
>>>
>>> So be careful before updating the SMB-Service, maybe test it first
>>> on a not so important system.
>>>
>>> Regard
>>> Ingo
>>>
>>> --