[Samba] Synology shares not accessible...

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Fri Jul 7 06:49:36 UTC 2023

Hi Vincent,

in my case access via hostname doesn't work. That seems to be a Kerberos
problem, as access via IP works. IP access uses NTLM authentication.

With SMB-Service 4.15.9-0619 (was the Beta) it worked, with the released
version 4.15.9-0632 not anymore.

If you change one library in the released version to the one from Beta
(libidmap-samba4.so) then the released version works again.

They claim it's because of one SID which can't be dissolved by winbind:
S-1-18-1. As I wrote in my last mail, this SID don't exist under 2008R2
and earlier.

I'm afraid you have to read the hole trail to get all informations.

So do you use IP addresses or hostnames for access?

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama