[Samba] NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - using NTLM1

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 11 07:48:14 UTC 2023

On 10/07/2023 22:15, Vincent via samba wrote:
> Samba is running on SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing,
> kernel 5.3.18-22-default.
>
> Yes, it is a domain member, but there are no ancillary services of which I
> am aware.
>
> The smb.conf is as follows:
>
> [global]
>          clustering = Yes
>          getwd cache = No
>          kernel change notify = No
>          max log size = 100000
>          netbios name = TEST-SMB
>          realm = TEST.COM
>          security = ADS
>          server min protocol = SMB2_02
>          server string = "TEST-SMB"
>          workgroup = TESTNET
>          idmap config * : range = 4290000001-4291000000
>          idmap config abbvienet : unix_nss_info = yes
>          idmap config abbvienet : unix_primary_group = yes
>          idmap config abbvienet : schema_mode = rfc2307
>          idmap config abbvienet : range = 0-4290000000
>          idmap config abbvienet : backend = ad
>          idmap config * : backend = autorid
>          allocation roundup size = 0
>          kernel share modes = No
>          posix locking = No
>          read only = No
>          veto files = /.snapshots/

Is this part of a cluster ?
If it is, I would have expected to see more 'cluster' related
parameters, but I am no cluster expert.

Is the workgroup actually 'TESTNET', or is that just a placeholder for '
ABBVINET' ?
If your workgroup is really 'ABBVINET', then why are you using both the
'autorid' and 'ad' idmap backends ?

If you only want to use the SMBv2 protocol as a minimum, I would also
set 'client min protocol = SMB2_02', with that set, SMBv1 will not be used.

Rowland