[Samba] NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - using NTLM1

Vincent techburgher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:15:22 UTC 2023

Samba is running on SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing,
kernel 5.3.18-22-default.

Yes, it is a domain member, but there are no ancillary services of which I
am aware.

The smb.conf is as follows:

[global]
        clustering = Yes
        getwd cache = No
        kernel change notify = No
        max log size = 100000
        netbios name = TEST-SMB
        realm = TEST.COM
        security = ADS
        server min protocol = SMB2_02
        server string = "TEST-SMB"
        workgroup = TESTNET
        idmap config * : range = 4290000001-4291000000
        idmap config abbvienet : unix_nss_info = yes
        idmap config abbvienet : unix_primary_group = yes
        idmap config abbvienet : schema_mode = rfc2307
        idmap config abbvienet : range = 0-4290000000
        idmap config abbvienet : backend = ad
        idmap config * : backend = autorid
        allocation roundup size = 0
        kernel share modes = No