[Samba] Synology shares not accessible...

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Wed Jul 5 07:48:13 UTC 2023

This is the essence of the last message from Synology:

For Synology the problem is no problem...

They simply say now, we never claimed we are compatible with Samba AD,
only with Windows AD, Azure AD and Synology Directory Server:

     "Domain/LDAP
     Features

     Seamless integration with Windows AD, Azure AD Domain Service, and
LDAP servers"

See: https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/7.1/software_spec/dsm

So they still say "Install the patch" or use just IP instead of hostname.

So I think the next NAS won't be an Synology anymore.

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama