[Samba] need help to find bug

Илья Коскин kasakoff87 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 13:11:04 UTC 2023

If you insist that it is the expected output, then we have a bug in
all linux distributions. All of them!
For example this is latest fedora:
[kasak at kasakoff ~]$ smbclient -N -L localhost

Sharename       Type      Comment
---------       ----      -------
print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
share           Disk
IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.18.3)
SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available
[kasak at kasakoff ~]$ smbclient -V
Version 4.18.3

And this is arch linux:
servicedesk% smbclient -N -L localhost

Sharename       Type      Comment
IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.18.2)
SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available
servicedesk% smbclient -V
Version 4.18.2