[Samba] Unable to add Point and Print printers to clients with Windows 8.1 and up

Thomas Keppler winfr34k at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:10:09 UTC 2023

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the idea! Indeed, I didn't have the third GPO[1] of the bunch, just the two present in the Samba Wiki.
However, applying the third to the client doesn't change the situation.

I've also resorted to use a Domain Admin and Local Admin account to conduct these tests to rule out any permission problems in the first place.

--
Sincerely
Thomas Keppler

--
[1] HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint\RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators = 0