[Samba] Unable to add Point and Print printers to clients with Windows 8.1 and up

Thomas Keppler winfr34k at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:59:28 UTC 2023

Hi,

> On 26. Feb 2023, at 16:31, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> I suggest you use Samba from backports, this will get you a Samba supported version (4.17.5)

I had tried this before, to no avail. I didn't have a fresh Windows installation to test, though. So might try this again next weekend.
If this was all that was needed, it would be great, of course since Debian 12 is right around the corner with this exact version in stock.

> On 26. Feb 2023, at 16:31, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> Windows seems to be having a lot of problems with printers at the moment and it seems to be suggested you remove printer drivers etc and reinstall everything again.

The Windows 8.1 machine I mentioned was freshly installed yesterday just for debugging purposes, patched, added to the domain and then one printer install was attempted. Error message staying consistent to the "tainted" Windows 10 machines I've tried before.

--
Sincerely
Thomas Keppler