[Samba] Van Belle Packages & Samba 4.15

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Feb 23 17:46:44 UTC 2023

o22.02.2023 20:35, Marco Shmerykowsky PE via samba пишет:
> Makes sense.  However, the question started about doing
> upgrades & not new installs.  It was advised to get to Bullseye
> (which will essentially take samba backwards in version) and then upgrade using the backports.

Once again, this is unnecessary and this is not what will happen
if you just upgrade your distribution to bullseye. Samba packages
which you installed from Van Belle will stay. And you will just
upgrade these the way I've shown you.

> I'm presuming I just use 'apt-get upgrade' with the package list
> above (from the Debian install page on the wiki) and that gets me
> to the correct point without over-writing anything important?

Once again. apt install -t bullseye-backports samba. This will take
care of dependencies. That's all what 's needed, once you upgrade
everything else to bullseye (except samba which is already more
recent than bullseye version).

/mjt