[Samba] Replication between Samba DCs (on different sites)?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Feb 7 22:47:31 UTC 2023

07.02.2023 21:44, Rowland Penny via samba пишет:
..

> If DC and dc3 are working correctly, I would demote DC2 (forcibly if necessary) then seize the FSMO roles to one of the good DC's. Once you are sure
> that your domain is working correctly, find anything to do with the dead DC in AD and remove it. Now add a new DC (I would use a new name and IP),
> hopefully everything should be okay after all that.

Rowland, this happened at least 3 times already, all after upgrade.
I really regret that I followed your suggestion and did that force-thing,
but at that time I didn't know it will be a common problem.  At least I
were able to try to figure out what's going on. Yes I need help from
someone who understands this part of samba and/or protocols involved,
but I sure am able to perform quite some debugging without requiring
to be babysitted with every step. Now once I "fixed" my situation with
force, I don't have that issue anymore and can't find out what was
actually wrong.

The problem here is common and it will be much more common once people
start upgrading. Maybe there's a bug in debian packaging, maybe it is
a prob with samba code, maybe something  else, I dunno.

Lorenzo seems to be able to do some basic debugging too.. maybe we
can use this opportunity and try to understand what is going on,
instead of using the force?

Thanks,

/mjt