[Samba] SMB Multichannel not working?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Feb 2 22:04:36 UTC 2023

On Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 09:52:09PM +0000, Carter Sheehan wrote:
>   Jeremy,
>   My apologies, and thanks again for all the help!
>   My client is just Windows Server 2019 with nearly default settings for the
>   SMB Client (which should use SMBv3 by default hence the dialect 3_1_1). I
>   have been able trigger SMB Multichannel when connecting via SMB to
>   another windows host so I know my client is capable in its current
>   hardware configuration.

I think you need to stop the "old" SMB1 -> SMB3 negprot upgrade
path from this client. I don't understand why it's doing that and
not just starting immediately with SMB3. I think that might have something to do
with the issue. I'm exploring further.

>   As for the wireshark packet capture, I'd love to share that with you, do
>   you have a preferred place for file sharing?

Nope, any place you can upload/share works for me.