[Samba] Migrating from NT PDC SV 88 to Samba PDC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Dec 6 09:55:52 UTC 2023

On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 10:08:33 +0100
Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> There are some clashing information in your email; 'PDC Schema
> Version 88' seems you speak of 'Windows Server 2019' and newer, but
> 'NT PDC' seems you speak of 'NT domains', that does not have schema
> version (really: they don't have LDAP; samba added that).

Marco, I am on record as stating that I will not help this Russian
entity, but perhaps I can help you.

From your email address, which ends in '.it', I assume you are in Italy
and as such, an EU citizen. The EU has a lot of sanctions against
Russia, one of which concerns IT.

Can I suggest you consult a lawyer before making any further comments
on this thread. I am not a lawyer, but I think you could get into
trouble if you continue to aid this Russian entity.

Rowland