[Samba] Migrating from NT PDC SV 88 to Samba PDC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 4 08:45:39 UTC 2023

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 06:12:23 +0000
Бударин Сергей Андреевич via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> We need to migrate our AD from NT PDC Schema Version 88 to Samba PDC,
> but we can't join our Samba to NT PDC or migrate SID History and
> Account Passwords to Samba PDC.

An NT PDC never had a schema version, but AD does and I take it you
want to move to using Samba AD instead, probably because you can no
longer get support from Microsoft.

Well, as far as I am concerned (and this has nothing to do with the
rest of the team), I will not give you support either, others may help
you, but I will not.

If you want a reason, have a look at what is going on in Ukraine.

Rowland Penny