[Samba] Problem trying join Samba 4.18 to Windows AD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 27 20:39:59 UTC 2023

On Sun, 2023-08-27 at 10:21 -0400, Miguel Angel Coa M. via samba wrote:
> Hi,
> I have Rocky Linux 8 with Samba 4.18.6 compiled, and trying join to
> Windows
> Server AD 2012 DC (2008 R2 function level).
>
> 1. sambadc05.domain.cl is the Samba 4.18.
> 2. windowsdc01.domain.cl is the Windows Ad.
>
> [..............................]
> PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-ADForest | Fl Name, ForestMode
> Name       : domain.cl
> ForestMode : Windows2008R2Forest
> [..............................]
>
> But i've the next error after a few minutes and sync process:
>
> [..............................]
> Replicated 139 objects (0 linked attributes) for DC=mydomain,DC=cl
> Partition[DC=mydomain,DC=cl] objects[81336/127121]
> linked_values[20217/22649]
> Remote server advised us of a new partition
> DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=cl while processing
> DC=mydomain,DC=cl,
> ignoring
> dsdb_replicated_objects_convert: Ignoring object outside partition
> e34d97b5-37ca-4b1e-bc7f-b1ae18613198
> DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=cl:
> WERR_DS_ADD_REPLICA_INHIBITED:

This looks to me like your windows domain has a sub-partition.  I
thought we had good support for this now, but I've also seen others
asking about adding it and the thread you linked indicates the same
issue.

https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/3150 is a draft
Merge Request that deals with some of this area.  Given what you are
seeing, I suspect there is still work to do.  Sadly I don't think this
domain can be migrated to Samba at this time.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions