[Samba] Could not convert SID S-0-0, error is NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Aug 1 10:02:16 UTC 2023

On 01/08/2023 10:43, Carlos Jesus via samba wrote:
> Hi all!
> Both my DC's running 4.17.6 on Debian Bullseye (with  bullseye-backports)
> exhibit the same error:
> [2023/08/01 07:45:01.647357,  1]
> ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgroups.c:259(winbindd_getgroups_recv)
>   Could not convert sid S-0-0: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
> About 1/minute
>
> My smb.conf is minimal (I removed the SHARES section)

Trouble is, other than the 'sysvol' and 'netlogon' shares, you shouldn't
be using a DC as a fileserver, it isn't recommended by Samba.

> [global]
>          realm = EUROHIDRA.LOCAL

Is '.local' your real TLD ?
If it is, I suggest you turn off Bonjour and Avahi everywhere.

>          workgroup = EUROHIDRA
>          netbios name = EHDC1
>          server role = active directory domain controller
> #       interfaces = lo br0
> #        bind interfaces only = Yes
>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>          log level = 1  auth_json_audit:2@/var/log/samba/auth.log sam:2@
> /var/log/samba/sam.log
>          log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
>
>          server services = -dns
>          template shell = /bin/bash
>          template homedir = /home/%U
>          winbind use default domain = yes

I suggest you remove the 'winbind use default domain' line, it does
nothing on a DC and, though unlikely, it could have something to do with
your problem.

> #        winbind enum users = yes
> #        winbind enum groups = yes
>
> dns zone scavenging = yes
> #Disable Printing
>          load printers = no
>          printing = bsd
>          printcap name = /dev/null
>          disable spoolss = yes
>
> I've tried with and without winbind enum. DNS scavenging is there as a test
> but I don't think is related. Replication gives no errors and the same for
> samba-tool dbcheck. Is this just cosmetic?

Rowland