[Samba] Get the reverse zone working

matti.kaupenjohann matti.kaupenjohann at fh-dortmund.de
Wed Apr 26 16:55:32 UTC 2023

So I reseted and started completely over. Provision worked fine as before.

  * tested forward DNS
  * tested Kerberos
  * tested LDAP

everything works and returns the desired results. I configured the
reverse zone again and than...:

$ host 10.99.0.2
2.0.99.10.in-addr.arpa has no PTR record

I tested your given command:

$ samba-tool dns zonelist dc01 --reverse -Uadministrator
   1 zone(s) found

   pszZoneName : 20.99.0.in-addr.arpa
   Flags : DNS_RPC_ZONE_DSINTEGRATED DNS_RPC_ZONE_UPDATE_SECURE
   ZoneType : DNS_ZONE_TYPE_PRIMARY
   Version : 50
   dwDpFlags : DNS_DP_AUTOCREATED DNS_DP_DOMAIN_DEFAULT DNS_DP_ENLISTED
   pszDpFqdn : DomainDnsZones.testdomain.lan

Comparing against your result it looks also fine.

Matti

Fachhochschule Dortmund
University of Applied Sciences and Arts

*Kaupenjohann, Matti*