[Samba] Design conflict between samba and NFS

Sac Isilia udaypratap.singh65 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 14:51:29 UTC 2023

Hi Team,

We have multiple cloud accounts in AWS that uses both file shares and
printer shares . There are mainly either Linux(server) to Linux (client) or
Linux(server) to windows(client) shares and very small fraction of shares
from windows (server) to Linux(client).

Can we go for samba for both Linux to Linux and Linux to windows for both
file and printer shares? Or do we go for NFS in Linux to Linux for file and
printer shares?

Also we use centrify client to authenticate AD users. Can someone guide me
what will be the best practice for above scenario?

Regards
Sachin Kumar