[Samba] Inconsistent SYSVOL ACLs

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Apr 2 09:28:23 UTC 2023

On 02/04/2023 09:21, Michael Tokarev via samba wrote:

> Neither of the 3 should be a problem. Especially the ones which
> are already set by default.  --enable-fhs uses slightly different
> layout within $prefix, that's all. The build-time configuration
> looks entirely okay.

You may be correct Michael, but I still wouldn't use '--enable-fhs' by
itself.

> There's something else going on here.

Very probaby.

> Anderson, what filesystem the sysvol is on?

This may be the cause, but it isn't being helped by Anderson using the
wrong tool to check the permissions, he should be using samba-tool
because this is a DC and the permissions are stored in an EA. I suggest
he posts the output of:

sudo samba-tool ntacl get /usr/local/samba/var/lib/samba/sysvol --as-sddl

Rowland