[Samba] Inconsistent SYSVOL ACLs

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Apr 2 07:34:13 UTC 2023

On 02/04/2023 08:05, Anderson Sampaio Mello via samba wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> The path for the two DCs is correct yes, and yes I compiled it for the two
> DC servers like this:
>
> ./configure --with-systemd --prefix=/usr/local/samba --enable-fhs

And that is possibly your problem:
--with-systemd is the default if the systemd libs are installed

--prefix=/usr/local/samba is the default

--enable-fhs is possibly a good idea, but only if you had gone on to add
things like '--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var'

> make up
> make install
>
> After the domain was created, sysvol was created here:
>
> /usr/local/samba/var/lib/samba/sysvol

Normally if you had just run ./configure , everything would have gone
into /usr/local/samba and sysvol would have appeared here:

/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol

> And the new DC also created sysvol in the same location.
>
> But why samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset cannot restore permissions and these
> BUFFER messages appear?

Not sure, though it probably has something to do with your seemingly
incorrect use of '--enable-fhs'

Rowland