[Samba] clients not connecting to samba shares

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Apr 1 20:29:47 UTC 2023

On 01/04/2023 21:18, Gary Dale via samba wrote:

> I only have one user (me) and no additional groups. The only reason I'm
> even looking at this is because Windows seems to have broken my older
> setup. Rowland has been pushing Samba accounts as the way to fix it.

And I have been pushing Samba accounts because in your first post, you
posted a log fragment that showed you were trying to run Samba as an AD
DC, had I known that there was only you, I would have said that this is
overkill and that you would probably better off running Samba as a
standalone server in a workgroup. Yes, I know you said that this was for
home use, but that doesn't proclude running an AD domain.

Rowland