[Samba] ldbsearch different available options

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 28 21:49:06 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-09-28 at 23:43 +0200, Christian Merten via samba wrote:
> Hello,
> I have two separate Debian Bullseye systems running both 2:2.2.3-
> 2~deb11u2 of ldb-tools and 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5 of samba-common.
> I even hashed the ldbsearch binaries and got the same result.When
> running ldbsearch on the first host, I get shown plenty of available
> options, especially the authentication options are available. On the
> second host though, all authentication options are missing.
> /etc/samba/smb.conf is the same on both hosts.
> samba-tool is also behaving suspiciously on the second host: Running
> "samba-tool user list -H ldap://<hostname> --kerberos=yes" works on
> the first, but fails on the second with "00002020: Operation
> unavailable without authentication".
> Both hosts are regular joined domain members.

ldbsearch will pick up modules from the AD DC installation to gain
extra features.
Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead, Catalyst IT   https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Samba Development and Support, Catalyst IT - Expert Open SourceSolutions