[Samba] Winbind Entry Added to /etc/nsswitch.conf

Eddie Rowe eddie.rowe at tdhca.state.tx.us
Thu Sep 22 20:55:12 UTC 2022

Under the section "Configuring the Name Service Switch" indicates that "Do not add the winbind entry to the NSS shadow database. This can cause the wbinfo utility fail."  I have discovered our Linux distribution vendor is doing just this when following their process for deploy Samba.  Can someone point me to additional information that I could use to try to get the vendor to fix their utility they tell customers to use to join a domain?