[Samba] Group-based access instead of user-based?

tom uijldert tom.uijldert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:11:02 UTC 2022

Hi Robert,

Using the masks in your example gave it the group-access that makes this work. Thanks for that.
The user/group settings are of course already taken care of by my user-mapping, but it's certainly interesting to explore it a bit more.

That just leaves me with the question why group-access is needed when files and directories are seemingly being created by the same user where this was previously not the case, but I'll leave that to the boffins.

Thanks again,
   Tom.