[Samba] Group-based access instead of user-based?

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon Sep 12 12:28:20 UTC 2022

On 9/12/22 3:39 AM, tom uijldert via samba wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. Please find my response below.
>
> Thanks,
>      Tom.

The most simple setup I use when there are no complex ACL requirements,
like your example, just let a group of people work freely on a share, I
use this:

   [share]
   create mask = 660
   directory mask = 770
   force group = mygroup
   valid users = @mygroup

Just plain Unix permissions, no POSIX ACLs, no Windows ACLS.