[Samba] Samba 4.16 and 4.17 ubuntu focal and jammy packages

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Fri Oct 28 10:01:25 UTC 2022

28.10.2022 12:59, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> 28.10.2022 12:54, Kees van Vloten wrote:
>> The one way out to maintain controlled Samba upgrades right now is to use your Ubuntu Focal repos, since Focal is originally based on Bullseye that
>> is likely to work, at least it has the right versions in its dependencies for Bullseye. But yeah, it sounds like a dirty hack, not really the way I
>> want to go.
>
> *gosh*.
>
> Why don't you use bullseye-backports??

No, seriously.

Samba in bullseye-backports is *the same* samba as available in my repository
(it is just a *bit* older for now, I'll push current version to bpo11 tomorrow
once current unstable migrates to testing).  But it is built especially on
bullseye.  There's no need to do that strange thing...

Yes, there's no 4.17 samba in bpo for now. Hmm..

/mjt