[Samba] No longer access to shares after upgrade to 4.17.3

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Sun Nov 20 14:21:34 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I've just updated my domain from 4.16.6 to 4.17.3 using the
bullseye-backports.

The update itself worked as smooth as Michael has mentioned.

But I have now a problem that seems to be only located on my Windows 10
machines. After login again, I have no longer access to my shares.

It seems only be limited to those shares where the rights are set via
groups. The home share is not affected as the user has direct rights to
it. It's limited also to normal users, if I do the same with an admin
user the shares are fully accessible.

If I try to mount the same shares from a Linux client it works. Protocol
for all is SMB3.

As I can't find an obvious error I would much appreciate a hint where I
should have a look on...

--
Regards
Ingo