[Samba] Missing shares in 4.16

Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold AG matthias.kuehne at ellerhold.de
Thu Nov 10 08:05:24 UTC 2022

Hello Rowland, Hello Samba-people,

we've caved and switched to the "homes" share with path=/storage/homes/%U .

The drawbacks of this solution are

  * Every user sees this share. Even users that shouldnt see it because
    they dont have a home directory on this specific server.
  * The name of the share is not changeable for us. We'd like to have
    add a specific suffix to it, but I havent found any documentation to
    do it.

The drawbacks are good for now, but we prefer the old version tbh...

Spaces in share names aren't a problem - we have a lot of shares with a
lot of spaces in them.

We tried renaming the share to use _ instead of a space - same bug
(share is hidden but accessible).

Is this a bug for the bug tracker or is this accepted (samba) behavior?

Thanks - Matthias.

--
Matthias Kühne
Senior Webentwickler

Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft
Friedrich-List-Str. 4
01445 Radebeul

Telefon: +49 (0) 351 83933-61
Telefax: +49 (0) 351 83933-99

Webwww.ellerhold.de
Twitterwww.twitter.com/Ellerhold_AG
Youtubewww.youtube.com/user/ellerholdgruppe

Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 23769
Vorstand: Stephan Ellerhold, Maximilian Ellerhold
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Frank Ellerhold

---Diese E-Mail und Ihre Anlagen enthalten vertrauliche Mitteilungen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Adressat sein, so bitten wir Sie um Mitteilung und um sofortiges löschen dieser E-Mail und der Anlagen.

Unsere Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us and immediately delete this e-mail and its attachments.

You can find our privacy policy here: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/