[Samba] Why windows client is four times slower than linux client ?

jie wang yjxxtd12 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 19:11:14 UTC 2022

Hi, all.

I deploy a samba server, and copy the hadoop source code to the mount
point. When I use windows client, it cost 8 minutes, and there are about 1
million packets. But when I use linux client, it cost 2 minutes, and there
are only 0.2 million packets. So it seems windows client is four times
slower than linux client. Windows and linux clients both use samba 3.1.1,
and samba server use master code. Can anyone help explain the reason ?
Thanks a lot.