[Samba] windows 11 and windows 2022 as windows member with samba AD

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Tue Jul 19 10:02:40 UTC 2022

Hai,

Due a change here, I now have 2 AD-DC's running samba 4.10.18...
Yeah, a downgrade, not my choice but the boss wanted a change to a synology
nas..
*( our company did shrink like 70% )..

But, I can tell, we run W11 (latest) on pc's without TPM2.0 and the nas has
samba AD-DC with 4.10.18.
And, it works without problems.

W11 on older pc's, now I don't recommend it for office pc's that arent
compliant,
but it does work.  Why not, is just because we don't know what Microsoft
might push
with an update.
(* W11 on older pc's get Rufus ).

And yes, W11 and W10 are (very) different, keep eye on the changes in the
group policies.
More changes at least then I expected.

Hope that helped a bit.

Greetz,