[Samba] name resolve order parameter for security=ads

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 11 09:21:06 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-07-11 at 10:17 +0200, Jonathan Neuhauser via samba wrote:
> Dear Rowland,
>
> thanks for your response! I've tried your krb5.conf without better
> results. However I noticed that that this time after enabling "name
> resolve order = wins bcast" and restarting winbind, the error
> doesn't
> occur immediately, but requires a restart of the machine (however
> afterwards, the errors are the same as in my original email). Does
> this
> make a difference for you?
>
> Jonathan

I am running Linux Mint LMDE 5 in a VM, just fully updated it (so Samba
is probably very similar to your 4.13.17) and it still works.

Can you go here:
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Download the script and run it on your Samba server, post the output
here in a reply to this, do not attach it, this list strips
attachments.

Rowland