[Samba] Samba on Printserver crashing

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 7 15:49:09 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-07-07 at 16:32 +0200, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
> Am 07.07.22 um 16:26 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> > >           idmap config -02:backend = ad
> >
> > Is that a cut&paste typo ?
>
> yes
>
> > >           idmap config DOMAIN-02:range = 500-65555
> > >           idmap config DOMAIN-02:schema_mode = rfc2307
> > >           idmap config DOMAIN-02:unix_nss_info = yes
> > >           winbind use default domain = Yes
> > >           winbind offline logon = yes
> > >           winbind refresh tickets = yes
> > >           machine password timeout = 604800
> > >           #Printing
> > >           rpc_server:spoolss = external
> > >           rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork
> > >           spoolss: architecture = Windows x64
> > >           min domain uid = 500
> >
> > That '500' should be '0'
> >

> tried that already. No change.

Then I think you need to log a bug report, Samba shouldn't core dump or
chrash.

> > Rowland
> >
> > Please do not 'CC' me, just send posts to the mailing list.
>
> I didn't. If you got an email it was from the list.

It wasn't aimed at you, it is just a general thing, people will 'CC' me
and the post then ends up in the wrong mail folder breaking the thread.

I can see this could cause trouble, I will save it for those that do
'CC' me, first time, I will add the message, second, I will add it in
uppercase, third, I will not reply.

Rowland