[Samba] Samba 4.14.5 NTLMv1

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 18 14:43:43 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-01-18 at 16:34 +0200, Perttu Aaltonen via samba wrote:

> I had this same problem a while back when connecting from Supermicro
> IPMI interface. The workaround was to use UPN in the form of
> user.account at domain.com. Is this possible in your clients? You can
> find my posts from last March in the list archives.
>
> I never found any smb.conf setting that would make this work again.
> Did you upgrade your base OS as well? In my testing this stopped
> working after upgrading from Ubuntu 18 to 20. Perhaps the packages
> are compiled differently or there’s some incompatibility between
> later Samba and Ubuntu builds.
>
> -Perttu

I don't remember this being asked on here, but the problem was probably
down to 18.04 using Samba 4.7.6 (which had 'CORE' as the minimum
protocol) and 20.04 using 4.11.x (which had 'SMB2' as the minimum
protocol). There is also the fact that from Samba 4.8.0 , winbind must
be running on a domain computer.

Rowland