[Samba] Samba on CentOS 8 with sssd and AD users/groups and local users/groups

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jan 13 15:47:55 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-01-13 at 10:22 -0500, Luc Lalonde via samba wrote:
> Hello Rowland,
>
> I've read the article mentionned below...  and I don't see how it
> could
> be interpreted as a 'non-recomendation'.

Did you miss this under 'Support status':

[quote]
Therefore Red Hat currently does not recommend using the idmap_sss
module for Samba file server enrolled into an IdM or AD domain.
[/quote]

They only provide limited support if you use sssd with Samba and only
then if it is an existing setup.

I cannot see any other definition of 'does not recommend' other than
'do not use it'

Rowland