[Samba] Samba on CentOS 8 with sssd and AD users/groups and local users/groups

Luc Lalonde luc.lalonde at polymtl.ca
Thu Jan 13 15:22:13 UTC 2022

Hello Rowland,

I've read the article mentionned below...  and I don't see how it could
be interpreted as a 'non-recomendation'.

When you go through the documentation for RHEL AD integration, they
mostly point to SSSD use.

In fact, that article states that the two (Winbind and SSSD) are
complimentary.

SSSD needs Winbind for AD integration.   Winbind can be used alone for
AD integration...

I have to say though, I've had success using Winbind alone on RHEL7, but
not RHEL8.

This subject has been beaten to death on this list... So sorry for
adding to it.   Just want to add my personal note.

We use SSSD with Winbind on all our systems (CentOS 7, 8 and Fedora).
It's rock solid for us.

Cheers, Luc.

--
Luc Lalonde, analyste