[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

Carl Hunter cdhunter2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 18:49:15 UTC 2022

 On Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 12:07:19 p.m. EST, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

 On Wed, 2022-01-05 at 16:25 +0000, Carl Hunter via samba wrote:

>  My next question is about user creation.  We used to create users
> with the following commands for the NT4 domain.
> pdbedit -a -t usernameadduser username usersadduser username
> studentsusermod -g students usernamechgrp -R students
> /home/usernamechmod -R o-rx /home/username

> I know I can use the samba-tool to create a Windows AD user but what
> would be the equivalent to the above with that tool?

Not entirely sure, your pdbedit command seems to be mangled, can you
check it and give us a bit more info. Are you using any Unix domain
members and if so, what winbind backend are you using ?

It is possible you will need to use a script to replace the pdbedit
command, but answer the question and unmangle that pdbedit command.

Rowland
I'm not sure why the carriage returns aren't working for me.  I'll try the commands in quotes all on the same line.  "pdbedit -a -t username" "adduser username users" "adduser username students" "usermod -g students username" "chgrp -R students /home/username" "chmod -R o-rx /home/username".  Those are the commands that are run for the old NT4 domain.  As for the Unix domain member, I'm guessing I'm not since I'm not sure what that is.  I've only got one server if that makes sense.
Thanks
Carl