[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 5 17:06:48 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-01-05 at 16:25 +0000, Carl Hunter via samba wrote:

>  My next question is about user creation.  We used to create users
> with the following commands for the NT4 domain.
> pdbedit -a -t usernameadduser username usersadduser username
> studentsusermod -g students usernamechgrp -R students
> /home/usernamechmod -R o-rx /home/username

> I know I can use the samba-tool to create a Windows AD user but what
> would be the equivalent to the above with that tool?

Not entirely sure, your pdbedit command seems to be mangled, can you
check it and give us a bit more info. Are you using any Unix domain
members and if so, what winbind backend are you using ?

It is possible you will need to use a script to replace the pdbedit
command, but answer the question and unmangle that pdbedit command.

Rowland