[Samba] 4.15 windows ACL share. Not taking?

John Ericsson zendal.darkman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:53:08 UTC 2022

This is the first time I have installed samba from SOURCE (for about 20
years!).
The only ./configure options I have used were "--without-ad-dc" and "
--disable-cups"
all went well during multiple attempts and no issues joining the domain
(net and samba tools). getent passwd/groups work as intended.
I did have to use "min domian uid =0" in order to get the
sediskoperatorprivelage to take.

NOW for the issue...
When I use the computer manager to set permissions it appears to take with
no issues (in fact the permissions are still there when I open computer
manager again), but users can not access the share.
when I looked at the folder in linux I just saw
drwxrwx---
I fully expected to see
drwxrwx---+ Am I right in thinking I should be seeing the Plus (+) in the
folder permission?
for ref HAVE_LIBACL is present.