[Samba] Bind9 and reverse-zones

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 18 09:54:20 UTC 2022

That's logical, we cant deterimin which zone might me need or in which subnet our ip is.

Like, if i have ip 10.0.0.1
Same does not know if that is a /24 or /16 /8  or any other subnet.
This is why we have to create the zones.

> > And/or that when its created (* with older versions of samba),
> > it might be missing/did miss the NS records..
> >
> > And yes, Arch might have fewer dependencies..
> > I have things enabled which users like and is not in debian
> > or ubuntu enabled.
> > The difference isnt big but that part does give few extra depends.
> >
> > Also, on the point of dependencies.. There is a change coming in
> > debian/ubuntu
> > I only havent had the time yet to check it, but that will result in
> > lesser dependencies.
>
> Any chance of a link to the change ?

https://salsa.debian.org/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/56
I've not tested it myself yet, i hope to get some time today.

So far,

Greetz,

Louis