[Samba] Bind9 and reverse-zones

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Fri Feb 18 10:11:03 UTC 2022

Am 18.02.22 um 09:16 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> As far i know, no reverse zone is created automaticly.. Not in windows not in samba.
> But the bug is about the restore of the zone, if its in the backup is "should" be restored,

That's right, neither Windows or Samba are creating the revers-zone
automatically BUT if I backup AD AND having a revers-zone I think with a
recovery the reverse-zone MUST work after the recovery.

Think when do you want need to recover your domain. I think in case you
need to recover your domain yue have enough stress s oyou don't need the
stress of a missing NS-record in all your revers-zones